How to Find The Best Networking Events
Members of the Metis team recently attended the BostInno Monthly Meetup, which took place at Dillon’s. Photo credit: Caitlin Crowe
Every networking event is different, but attendees tend to have the same goals for all of them: extend your network for professional development or new business.
Meeting new people gives you the opportunity to discuss your career and often gives you a chance to learn about different companies that you may have otherwise not known about. Learning about companies can be beneficial for new business.
Our team can often be found at Publicity Club of New England, BostInno and Mass Innovation Night events, to name a few.
Some of us hit up the recent BostInno Monthly Meetup together. Metis got to chat with some professionals in the public relations field and tech company executives about their businesses and roles in the industry.
So how do you go about finding an appropriate networking event to attend? Check out Ritika Trikha’s article, “8 Handy Sites for Finding Networking Events” in U.S. News.
Trikha recommends checking out some of the same websites I visit to find networking events:
- Meetup.com offers a number of opportunities to meet people with similar hobbies and interests. The site also promotes industry-specific professional networking events.
- Eventbrite.com provides a listing of local events and offers a search option for events intended for networking.
- LinkedIn Events Directory can help you select an event based on industry, location, and appeal.
- NetParty.com lists events in more casual settings such as lounges, nightclubs or mansions, and it’s geared toward young professionals.
- Mediabistro.com is great for professionals in the fields of marketing, public relations, social media, publishing, writing, journalism and other media-related trades. Mediabistro.com offers niche-specific networking events.
What are your favorite networking events?