A Salute to the Best Internal Marketing Champions
Once in awhile, a person comes into your life, and you realize she is there for a reason. She brightens up your day and makes coming into work a lot easier. No, I’m not talking about that cube mate who sits closely beside you and watches your every move and listens to your every conversation. I’m talking about the ideal client contact or internal marketing champion.
Let’s evaluate the description of the ideal client contact. She:
- Is friendly, personable, responsive
- Realizes that to be successful, she needs to deliver
- Understands PR and marketing initiatives
- Can make decisions on her own without getting approval from an entire committee
- Knows what she wants and how to communicate it to you
- Doesn’t come to you with a one-time need -- sees the quality of your work and the results, and continues to send work your way
- Knows her market and craft
- Doesn’t throw you under the bus and works fast to help you correct any mistakes
- Doesn't ask you to do her job
At Metis, we’re happy to be surrounded by many of these ideal client contacts. We're the better for it.
(This blog is dedicated to Kirsten Foon at Embotics. She knows why.)